Saturday, March 20, 2010

California Sales of Boifang's Art

A heart felt thank you to all of you in Southern California who purchased Boifangs artwork. You will pleased to know that your purchases are helping this deserving young man reach his educational goals.

When I returned to my home at Nxamaseri in Botswana early this month, I was met by Boifang's mother Gladys Samaje, who lamented to me that Boifang was cross with her and his father, Len, as they were unable to pay the entrance fees for courses he wishes to enroll in this term. How timely! Gladys is unsure of the details of the courses that Boifang wants to take, but I will see Boifang later this month and organize the fees he needs. He is currently staying with relatives in Maun and I believe he wishes to attend courses there. Other options include courses in our capitol city of Gabarone. Eventually, I hope to also see Boifang enrolled in artists workshops at Thapong Visual Arts Center in Gabarone. Thapong Visual Arts Center's web address is www.artshost.org/thapong

Check back later for details on Boifangs course attendance as well as to see any new artwork he has completed while I was in the U.S.

Thanks also to Montreal resident Sue Wehner's order for a Carmine Bee Eater and another Zebra similar to Sally's!

Thanks again to all of you,
Debbie

No comments:

Post a Comment